Dr. Ivo Kljenak
Reactor Engineering Division
Jozef Stefan Institute
Jamova cesta 39
Phone: (+386) 1 5885 332
Fax: (+386) 1 5885 377
More about the Institute
More about the Institute's reactor centre
More about physicist Jozef Stefan
- Born in 1961 in Moscow (Russia).
- Spent childhood in Sofia (Bulgaria), Tunis (Tunisia) and Belgrade (Yugoslavia) and adolescence in Paris (France).
- Since 1980 lives in Ljubljana.
Current research interests
- Dispersed gas-liquid two-phase flow
- Subcooled nucleate boiling flow
- Transition from bubbly to slug flow in vertical channels
- Severe accidents in nuclear power plants
- Atmosphere mixing and stratification in containment (experiments TOSQAN, MISTRA, THAI and PANDA)
- Hydrogen combustion in containment (experiments ENACCEF and THAI)
- Simulation of severe accidents with system codes (ASTEC and CONTAIN)
- Modelling of gas flow in nanotubes
Current participation in international projects
7th EU FP Severe Accident Research Network of Excellence (SARNET)
OECD SETH-2: experiments on atmosphere mixing in MISTRA and PANDA facilities
OECD International Standard Problem No.49 "Hydrogen combustion"
PHEBUS Circuit and Containment Aerosol Interpretation Circle
- Alma mater : Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Ljubljana
- B.Sc. (1984), M.Sc. (1988), Ph.D. (1992)
- High school : Lycee J-B Say Paris, France
- Since 1995 at Jozef Stefan Institute
- From 1984 to 1994 research and teaching assistant at
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University
- Travelling (especially in the East)
- Reading (Marques, Gide, Proust, Rushdie, gave up Joyce)
- Sixties' and early seventies' rock music
- Marathon running
Selected journal papers
- M.Babić, I.Kljenak, B.Mavko, 2009, Simulations of TOSQAN Containment Spray Tests with Combined Eulerian CFD and Droplet-Tracking Modelling, Nuclear Engineering and Design, vol.239, pp.708-721.
- M.Babić, I.Kljenak, B.Mavko, 2008, Prediction of Light Gas Distribution in Experimental Containment Facilities using the CFX4 Code, Nuclear Engineering and Design, vol.238, pp.538-550.
- I.Kljenak, M.Babić, B.Mavko, I.Bajsić, 2006, Modeling of Containment Atmosphere Mixing and Stratification Experiment using a CFD Approach, Nuclear Engineering and Design, vol.236, pp.1682-1692.
- I.Kljenak, B.Mavko, 2006, Simulation of Void Fraction Profile Evolution in Subcooled Nucleate Boiling Flow in a Vertical Annulus Using a Bubble-Tracking Approach, Heat and Mass Transfer, vol.42, pp.552-561.
- B.Končar, I.Kljenak, B.Mavko, 2004, Modelling of Local Two-Phase Flow Parameters in Upward Subcooled Flow Boiling at Low Pressure, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol.47, pp.1499-1513.
- R.Jordan Cizelj, B.Mavko, I.Kljenak, 2001, Component Reliability Assessment Using Quantitative and Qualitative Data, Reliability Engineering and System Safety, vol.71, pp.81-95.
- A.Horvat, I.Kljenak, J.Marn, 2001, Two-Dimensional Large-Eddy Simulation of Turbulent Natural Convection due to Internal Heat Generation, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol.44, pp.3985-3995.
- I.Žun, I.Kljenak, S.Može, 1993, Space-Time Evolution of the Nonhomogeneous Bubble Distribution in Upward Flow, International Journal of Multiphase Flow, vol.19, pp.151-172.